Home ~ About Us ~ Products ~ TechTalk with Mel ~ Links ~ Contact
MCM Sales for all your precast needs!
Mel C. Marshall Industrial Consultants Inc. began in 1980 as a consulting company to the concrete industry. Mel Marshall graduated from the University of Alberta in 1960, with a degree in Civil Engineering. He had been involved in the concrete and steel industries for many years, and decided to use his experience to provide a service to the concrete pipe and precast concrete industries. Within a year, he was also representing companies who manufacture equipment and other items for the concrete pipe, block and precast industries.
Mel has more than 50 years experience in the concrete pipe and precast industries, and serves on the committees of Standards Associations such as ASTM and CSA. His son, Braden, joined the company in 1990 to become involved with the MCM Sales side of the business. In 2000, his son-in-law, Gary Deppe, came on board to aid in providing services to customers in Eastern Canada. Charles Pelletier is an associate responsible for the Quebec market
If you call our warehouse, you will likely speak with Braden’s wife, Debbie, or his son, Anthony.
Anthony is our warehouse supervisor, and his mom is our inside sales person. The phone may also be answered by Birgit Mueller, who works with us on a part time basis. We are all here to service your requirements quickly and efficiently.
Mel has been fortunate to receive the following Awards:
- 1998 – ASTM Merlin G. Spangler Award in recognition of “…outstanding contributions and service to ASTM C13 activities.”
- 2004 – The California Precast Concrete Association introduced the Mel C. Marshall Scholarship Fund.
- 2007 – The NPCA Robert E. Yoakum Award for service to the Precast Industry.
- 2011 – The first ACPA Mel C. Marshall Award in recognition of work performed in concrete pipe Education and Quality Control.
- 2011 – The ASTM Frank J. Heger Memorial Award
- 2014 – CPCI Fellow Award “in grateful recognition and appreciation of his outstanding services rendered to the precast prestress concrete industry.
- 2015 – ACPA Richard E. Barnes Award “to recognize his years of dedicated service exhibiting unselfish commitment to the advancement of the concrete pipe industry.”
- 2016 – CPCI Associate Member Award of Excellence.
- 2017 – ACPA Frank J. Heger Award “in recognition of technical contributions.”
- 2018 – CPCI John Fowler Award of Distinction “in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the precast prestressed concrete industry.
Our relationships with all of the companies we represent have been long, and we truly feel like we are part of their respective organizations. Please visit our links to these companies under PRODUCTS.
We have just completed 39 years of service, and are looking forward to 39 more. Our hope is that we can continue to build on our relationships with both our customers and suppliers. If we can be of service to you in any way, it would be our pleasure to hear from you.